Najdi forum

Naslovnica Forum Zdravje Ginekologija Neplodnost Za tiste, ki se vam ponavljajo splavi

Za tiste, ki se vam ponavljajo splavi

Ste že slišale za okvaro gena MTFHR? To okvaro naj bi imelo 40-60% populacije. Zaradi te okvare telo ne more izkoristiti folne kisline – je ne zna pretvoriti v folat. Višek neizkoriščene folne kisline dela škodo – lahko tudi povzroči splav. Glejte torej, da boste uživale folat in ne folne kisline.

Vec:

http://nicolejardim.com/what-is-methylated-folate/

Pri nas zaenkrat nisem našla B kompleksa, ki bi vseboval prave oblike vitaminov B (npr. B12 v obliki methylcobalamina).

Jaz sem imela že 5 splavov, brez ugotovljenega vzroka. Imam okvaro tega gena, pa me zanima kakšno folno kislino pa potem kupiš?
hvala in lp

Grofica,

zdi se mi, da so Folacin tablete na recept. Vsebujejo 4 ali 5 mg folne kisline, medtem ko ostale tablete (Tifol itd.) vsebujejo 200 oz. 400 mikrogramov folne.

nova
Uredništvo priporoča

A nimajo Fembion tablete takšne folne? nisem zihr, lahko,d a se motim.

Fora Folacina je tem, da ima res veliko kolicino folne ksl. in je zato na bel Rp, pri Femibionu pa gre za snov, ki se imenuje metafolin in je baje edina oblika folne kisline, ki je aktivna oz. bolje izkoriščena, kot pri drugih folnih (Tifol itd.) Ne vem pa, kaj je dobro jemati pri takšni okvari gena, ki jo imaš ti…

Folacin, Tifol, Elevit,.. tablete v tvojem primeru nikakor ne pridejo v poštev, ker folna kisina ni v pravi methyl obliki!

Tale folna bi bila OK: http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Folate-Fully-Active-Featuring-Quatrefolic-400-mcg-90-Veggie-Caps/38067#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=folate&rc=1089&sr=null&ic=11

Femibion nima čisto prave oblike folatov, ampak je vseeno boljše kot navadna folna kislina.

Ne pozabi še na pravo obliko vitamina b12 – če nimaš dovolj b12, lahko pozabiš na absorbcijo folatov (se pravi, vitamina b9): npr. tale b12:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methyl-B-12-Cherry-Flavor-5000-mcg-60-Lozenges/117#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=methylcobalamin&rc=489&sr=null&ic=9

Ali manjša vsebnost b12: http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methyl-B-12-Lemon-Flavor-1000-mcg-100-Lozenges/129#bid=JRW&p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=methylcobalamin&rc=9&sr=nul

Lahko poiščeš še kje drugje… jaz pač naročam tukaj in na http://www.healthmountly.co.uk. Če naročaš iz iherba, pazi da vrednost naročila ne preseže 22 EUR, ker boš pri nas plačala še davek (poštnina ni vključena v ta znesek), če naročiš v znesku nad 20 USD je poštnina 2$. Ob prvem naročilu lahko koristiš popust v višini 5$, koda za popust je WMF021.

Žalostno, da se take stvari pri nas ne preverjajo rutinsko. Veš slučajno kakšno vrednost feritina (nad 50) in d vitamina (okoli 250) imaš? Kako je s tvojimi ščitninčnimi hormoni? So ti kdaj preverili TSH, fT3, fT4, antiTG in antiTPO? Vse to lahko vpliva na zanositev in donositev. Pa srečno!

Dodajam: http://www.b12deficiency.info/male-and-female-infertility/

Tega je še in še. Beri, beri, beri. Po možnosti tuje vire. Pri nas smo itak 100 let za luno. Zdi se mi neverjetno, da ti ob odkritju mutacije MTFHR gena niso dali nadaljnjih informacij v zvezi s folati in b12.

Sicer najprej začni z b12 in čez čas dodaj še b9.

Nikar ne uživaj multivitaminov z napačnimi oblikami b9 in b12, bodi pozorna tudi na energijske napitke, sokove z dodanimi vitamini, kosmiče. Vse to ti škodi.

grofica, nujno nujno nujno si preberi tole:

http://www.vega-licious.com/can-vitamin-b-12-be-a-cure-to-infertility-and-stop-miscarriages-early-menopause-amenorrhea/

B12 Deficiency Can be Responsible for Infertility and Miscarriages
When I stumbled upon information pertaining to B12 deficiency a light bulb went off in my head. “Could vitamin B12 deficiency possibly cause infertility?” I asked myself. When I started to search the net, there was not much information on it, but the information that I found brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart–I found published medical studies that confirmed my suspicion.

The first one was just a little abstract from an article published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine in 2001 [Bennett M. Vitamin B12 deficiency, infertility and recurrent fetal loss. J Reprod Med 2001; 46:209-212]. It was short, but explosive:

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

To examine the relationship of infertility to recurrent fetal loss in patients who were vitamin B12 deficient.

STUDY DESIGN:

The obstetric histories of 14 patients presenting with 15 episodes of vitamin B12 deficiency were analyzed. Infertility (two to eight years) had been present in four episodes, and recurrent fetal loss was a feature in 11.

RESULTS:

In six episodes, periods of recurrent fetal loss were followed by periods of infertility greater than one year.

CONCLUSION:

Hypercoagulability due to raised homocysteine levels may lead to fetal loss when vitamin B12 deficiency first develops. A more prolonged deficiency results in infertility by causing changes in ovulation or development of the ovum or changes leading to defective implantation.

Just in case if you need an interpretation, here it is: Low B12 [deficiency] is directly related to elevated homocysteine* levels. The combination of both becomes dangerous to women who conceive, causing miscarriages, and after prolonged periods of B12 deficiency, women can become altogether infertile.

Hang with me on the next paragraph, I will explain it when you are done reading it:

*Homocysteine (hcy) is a sulphur containing amino acid which is not present in natural proteins. It is derived from demythylatian of methionine, requiring folate, vitamin B6 and B12 as enzymatic co-factors. Malnutrition or malabsorption of folate and /or vitamin B6 and B12 or inherited enzymatic defects such as methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) or Cystathionine B-synthetase (CBS) deficiency leads to raised hcy levels. In the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, it has been underlined as risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcome like early pregnancy loss, neural tube defects, pre-eclampsia, abruptio placentae and intrauterine growth restriction. Researchers also pointed towards the harmful effects of hhcy on female fertility. Exact role of hhcy in the earlier stages of reproductive physiology and in related diseases including subfertility is not clear. Defective follicular development, impaired chorionic villous vascularization, implantation failure and harsh uterine environment were the proposed reasons. [Source]

In layman’s terms: if a woman is short on folate [folic acid], B6 and B12, or has a genetic errorr, known as MTHFR or CBS, and cannot properly absorb these vitamins, the woman will develop high level of homocysteine, the sulphur that should not be present in our bodies in high amounts, which is normally suppressed by normal levels of B6, B12 and folic acid. When that happens, a woman can become infertile, or will have problems with implanting an inseminated egg, or have tubal/placenta issues, or miscarry, on most occasions more than once.

This might not mean much to some of you, but to everyone who had experienced the pain of losing a child through miscarriage, or for those who had never been able to conceive, this might be a glimmer of hope in the darkest of nights.

[Men, hang in there, this is NOT a female issue only, I will tell you how B12 affects your fertility as well.]

Well, the abstract, as revolutionary as it was, only whetted my appetite–I had to know more! So, I searched, and searched… and searched more. I was ecstatic to have found a longer summary of the same study on http://findarticles.com. I am reposting it in its entirety:

Vitamin B12 deficiency, Infertility and Miscarriage
Infertility as a result of vitamin B12 deficiency may be related to anovulation [inability to ovulate], abnormal cell division in the fertilized ovum or a lack of implantation due to megaloblastoid changes in the endometrium. Recurrent early fetal loss may also be associated with vitamin B12 deficiency, though rare.

The obstetrics histories of 14 patients presenting with 15 episodes of vitamin B12 deficiency were analyzed. Infertility of two to eight years had been present in four episodes, and recurrent fetal loss was a feature in 11. Two of these 11 cases had never had a full-term delivery. Case 1 had had seven spontaneous abortions before the finding of vitamin B12 deficiency.

[Now it is time to get happy! ;)]

Treatment with B12 resulted in their first full-term delivery within nine months followed by two more full term deliveries. In six cases, miscarriages were followed by a period of infertility. In one case, after 3 miscarriages followed by six years of infertility, severe megaloblastic anemia was found with ahemoglobin of 5.8 g/dL and a serum B12 level of [less than] 50 pg/mL. Following parenteral B12 administration, the patient became pregnant immediately and delivered a full-term infant.

In 10 patients, a full-term delivery occurred after vitamin B12 therapy. Six of them almost immediately conceived.

Recurrent fetal loss in the presence of B12 deficiency may be due to elevated homocysteine levels and a resulting thrombophilic state. Pregnancy is already a prethrombotic state, and the homocysteinemia and increased risk of thrombovascular disease may cause thrombosis and inadequate perfusion of the placenta, preeclampsia, abruptio placentae, fetal growth retardation and stillbirth.

This study demonstrates the importance of measuring B12 levels in the evaluation of infertility or recurrent spontaneous abortions. Since folate therapy, high-folate diets, iron deficiency or thalassemia minor may mask a B12 deficiency, serum measurements are crucial.

Bennett M. Vitamin B12 deficiency, infertility and recurrent fetal loss. J Reprod Med 2001; 46:209-212

[I hope you paid attention to the last sentence I underlined–if is possible that you could take a test and show up with a negative result to B12 deficiency, so alternative testing will be needed. I will talk about your options in the coming posts.]

One of the women, who took a part in this study, had not one, but seven miscarriages. She found Dr. Bennet, who identified B12 deficiency and treated her with injections. Nine months later she delivered a healthy baby, and since has give birth to two more children.

“What?” you ask. “Could it be?”

I asked the same question and needed more information. Thankfully I found just what I was looking for–another medical study, which was done over a period of one year [April 2008–March 2009]. This one was done in Pakistan:

Hyperhomocysteinemia in Pakistani women suffering from unexplained subfertility.
The article is 4 pages long, so instead of reposting it here, I am going to give you a quick summary:

Abstract
Background: Hyperhomocysteinemia (hhcy) {see explained above under *Homocysteine (hcy)} has been considered as a risk factor for several obstetrical complications such as early pregnancy loss, pre-eclampsia and IUGR. Recently its association with infertility has been underscored in IVF failures; however limited information is available about the relationship of hhcy and subfertility.

Objective: To find out the association between unexplained subfertility and hhcy in Pakistani women.

Materials and methods: This observational study was conducted in Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Liaquat University Hospital Hyderabad from 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2009. Study group consisted of all those women who were subfertile for more then one year, have body mass index less than 25, regular menstrual cycle, normal pelvic examination findings and no past history of pelvic inflammatory disease.

Results: In total, 61 subjects were enrolled in the study including 49 subfertile women and 12 healthy women. Among subfertile women, 39 (80%) were suffering from primary subfertility while 10 (20%) were complaining of secondary subfertility.

Majority of the subjects were young, house wives and residents of Hyderabad city. Mean serum fasting homocysteine levels were significantly higher in women suffering from unexplained subfertility as compared to controls [that means “healthy women”].

Findings: Raised hcy levels in ovarian follicular fluid were associated with poor quality of embryo and may influence pregnancy outcome following natural or invitro-fertilization.

Intervention studies have shown that supplementation with folate, vitamin B12 and B6 can lower hcy concentration.

As you can see, this study too, showed a correlation between B12, along with B6 and folate, deficiency and infertility. In the US a lot of foods are now fortified with folate, so it is harder for the population to be short on it, and many plant foods contain B6 naturally, so it is just a matter of eating a good, balanced diet, or supplementing, which leaves us with B12 which some might be lacking and others have trouble absorbing, even if they do eat foods rich in B12.

Are you as excited as I am?
I was ecstatic! I know enough women, who are very close to my heart, who suffered multiple miscarriages. The pain of such losses is unbelievable. Can you imagine that a simple B12 injection therapy can fix this issue for most, and give so many infertile couples, who long for children, and would do anything to be parents, a chance at happiness? The best part–it costs only pennies compared to infertility treatments, not to mention emotional pain and suffering.

In Japan, B12 is presently used to treat infertility. Don’t you wonder when other countries and the US will catch up with it, instead of sending infertile couples to the poor house and leaving them in need of counseling after numerous failed attempts at conception?

Vitamin B12 and Sperm Count
Men, I told you I won’t leave you hanging.

There are times when it is the men who are infertile. Sometime it is due to low sperm count, sometimes it is due to sperm motility, and whatever other reasons that might be, such as impotence and erectile dysfunction—all of which might be connected to B12 deficiency.

The author of “Could it Be B12?” states that “In about 40% of cases, a couple’s inability to conceive is due to male infertility.” She goes on to say, “The link between male infertility and insufficient B12 levels first became commonly known in the 1980s, when research reported a study in which 27% of men with [low] sperm counts were able to increase these counts… after receiving 1,000 mcg per day of vitamin B12.” “In another study, 57% of men with low sperm counts showed increases in sperm number after receiving 6,000 mcg of B12 per day.”

“A newer study sheds light on the connection between B12 and male fertility by showing that low B12 levels affect both gonadal and sperm health.” [Source: “Could it Be B12?”]

Testing and Treatment
As I mentioned before, testing and treatment of B12 deficiency is quiet cheap, especially compared with emotional pain and financial burden of those who are suffering.

I will talk about the test options I researched in the upcoming posts, but for now I will mention this–I am planning to get 3 different tests when I go for my appointment next week: blood serum B12, urinary MMA and homocysteine, just in case if one of them comes up negative. When I read “Could it Be B12?”, I found that the author of the book suggests the same.

Treatment options are very cheap via B12 injections. [Again, stay tuned for the next posts to learn about correct and effective types of injections you should ask for.]

Mtfr je dala kar dokaj izčrpne informacije. Jaz lahko samo še dodam, da imam tudi sama okvarjen ta gen MTFR in sicer sem homozigotna to pomeni da imam odvarjen gen na obeh alelih. Zato imam predpisano drugačno folno obliko in sicer 2 x 5 mg na dan in seveda ne folne kisline ali folata ampak aktivno obliko folata za tiste z gensko mutacijo MTFR. Jaz si jih naročim iz Amerike sicer drage sam se splača.Da ne govorim o drugih vitaminih b 12…..pa saj je že vse Mtfr napisala.

Veliko sreče punce 🙂

Pa še nekaj sem pozabila dodati, tukaj sem našla vitamin B12 v obliki methylcobalamina.

http://www.alaja.si/b12-vitamin-v-spreju-25ml.html?gclid=CNa0xp3T0MUCFQ-WtAodEiAAKA

JanjaC, lahko prosim napišeš katero obliko folata jemlješ. Morda pride kdaj prav.

Ima sicer tale primerno obliko?: http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Folate-Fully-Active-Featuring-Quatrefolic-400-mcg-90-Veggie-Caps/38067#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=folate&rc=1070&sr=null&ic=9

Hvala.

Pa še nekaj sem pozabila dodati, tukaj sem našla vitamin B12 v obliki methylcobalamina.

http://www.alaja.si/b12-vitamin-v-spreju-25ml.html?gclid=CNa0xp3T0MUCFQ-WtAodEiAAKA%5B/quote%5D

Tega trenutno uporabljam tudi sama. Je dober, všeč je tudi moji tamali, ampak škoda, da ni močnejši.

Kot že napisano MTFR genska mutacija zahteva posebno obliko folata in to je ta oblika

http://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Research-5-MTHF-Vegetarian-Capsules/dp/B00GDSQYR6/ref=pd_sim_194_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=19JY4MV3ST5W85YKTWX5

Če je mutacija na obeh alelih homozihot potem se jemlje 2 x 5mg če pa je samo na enem alelu heterozigot pa samo 1 x 5 mg, to je terapija hematologa.

Vidim, da obvladate, zato imam še jaz eno vprašanje za vas:

Tudi jaz sem imela že ene par splavov, odkrili pa so mi mutacijo PAI-1 4g 4g. Kakšno terapijo bi naj imela?

Zaenkrat moram do pozitivnega testa jemati Aspirin 100, ko zanosim, pa (baje) prešaltam na Fragmin 5000. Je tako ok?

Zaenkrat mi vsak doktor pove drugače, moja osebna zdravnica me je samo debelo gledala, ko sem prišla k njej z izvidom. V glavnem, eni menijo, da to sploh ni vzrok mojim splavom, pri drugih pa sem dobila občutek, da pač nekaj predpišejo kar tako v tri dni, da se me na hitro rešijo. In pač poskusijo, če bo delovalo. Če ne, pa več sreče prihodnjič.

Hvala za odgovor! Pa lep vikend vsem!

joooola, o tem nimam pojma, prvič slišim, me pa zanima, če so preverjali tudi gen MTHFR.

No v vsakem primeru svetujem, da preveriš vrednost vitamina b12 in folatov. Če bo b12 manj kot 550 svetujem dodajanje vitamina b12 v methylcobamalin obliki. Folati naj bi bili v zgornjem delu normale. To velja tudi za tiste, ki nimajo okvare MTHFR gena.

Ja, so preverjali, v sklopu teh preiskav za trombofilijo. A tebi so preverjali samo MTHFR?

Janja prosim te ali lahko napises kontakt od tvojega hematologa hvala

Oprosti za tako pozen odgovor me ni bilo nič na forumu. Moj hematolog je Radmila Ajduković iz Zagreba.

Hvala MTFR! Vem, da je bilo to objavljeno že več kot pred enim letom a vseeno..si mi dala misliti še bolj. Stara sem 36 let in letos sta za menoj 2 SS, prvič v 7. tednu in drugič v 10. tednu. Žal je pri nas tako, da se testi pričnejo šele po 3 SS. A mi hudič ne da miru in nenehno berem in sedaj sem naletela na to objavo.
Poklicala sem tudi osebno zdravnico in se s sestro dogovorila, da se oglasim v četrtek, da se bom z dr dogovorila, katere preiskave mi bo lahko dala. Vse sem si zapisala, kar ne bo šlo, bom pa plačala.
Res mi ne gre v glavo, da zaradi pomanjkanja vitaminov nekatere ne donosijo in da tega ne morejo preveriti takoj, seveda, sej so ostali postopki bistveno dražji od navadnih vitaminskih dodatkov.
No, ne bom se jezila, sem že dovolj pretrpela, pa verjetno bistveno manj kot marsikatera med nami.
Če je še katera v podobni situaciji naj se javi, več glav več ve 🙂 čeprav MTFR hvala 1000x za tako izčrpna poročila in za tvoj trud, ki ga nesebično deliš z vsemi nami.

Oj, ponavljajoci splavi v zgodnji nosecnosti so lahko posledica mtfr. Poznam osebo ki se ji je to dogajalo. Potrebna je samo velika kolicina folne kisline cez celo nosecnost. Potrebno pa se je testirati na genetiki.

New Report

Close