Najdi forum

Naslovnica Forum Zdravje Splošno Cepljenja Do any non-vaxers here speak English?

Do any non-vaxers here speak English?

Hello and thanks for looking!

I am English and my Slovene isn’t good enough to say what I mean here. But I understand better than I can write, so feel free to reply in either Slovene or English.

I would like to know about compulsory vaccination in Slovenia.

– Is it correct that it’s compulsory now?
– Is it also correct that it may change soon and no longer be compulsory?
– If you don’t vaccinate, do you have problems with school entry, etc?
– Any other advice you can give a vaccinaton-sceptic living in Slovenia?

Many thanks!

Clare

Dear Clare!

In Slovenia vaccination is compulsory, either recommended.
Compulsory vaccination:

basic vaccination Di-Te-Per-IPV-Hib in three-months children (combined vaccine);
Mumps-measles-rubella vaccination at 1 year and at 6 years:
Hepatitis B vaccination (before primary school entry)
Di-Te (revaccination in the 3rd class of primary school)
Tetanus revaccination at 18th.

All that vaccines are paid by Health insurance.

We also have highly recommended vaccines: against TBE, influenza, HPV, rotavirus, but – selfpaid.

That will not change soon, because the majority of medicine-experts in Slovenia (pediatritians, g.p., epidemiologists, microbiologists, …) find the compulsory vaccination as the best. The compulsory sistem is very important for our Public Health.

Unvaccination children have no problems with school entry at the moment.

Nina Pirnat, dr.med., spec.epid.

Advice? Well, enjoy while you are staying here. Becouse of compulsory vaccination, almost everybody is vaccinated, so you and your children are safe too. I don’t know from which country you come from but in this respect this country is one of the safest – for now. When the law will change and more people like you will move in, ‘non – vaxers’ won’t be as safe anymore. So enjoy while you can. Have a nice stay in Slovenia and don’t worry – we don’t vaccinate anybody against their will. Have fun.

Oidara,

if you wish you can contact me on [email protected]

Grt, M

I just want to add, that in the case of

Mumps-measles-rubella vaccination at 1 year and at 6 years:

vaccination is compulsory for children who enter to kindergarten.

New Report

Close